We are heading out on our first camping trip of the season. One thing I have learned is that on that first morning, we wake up excited for the day, but need something to eat while a fire is getting started. This is a lovely way to get going. Adapted from NYTimes.
1/2 cup (1 stick) plus extra for greasing the pan
1/2 cup granulated sugar
Zest of one lemon zest, plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
3 large eggs, beaten
2/3 cup all purpose flour plus extra for dusting blueberries
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup almond flour (ground almonds)
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9 inch loaf pan with butter, line it with a parchment paper sling and butter the paper. Set the pan aside.
2. Place butter, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and extracts in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on high speed for 4 minutes, until light, then lower speed to medium. Add eggs in three additions, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. The mix may split a bit, but will resolve when ingredients are added.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and almond flour. With the stand mixer on low, add the dry ingredients in three additions.
4. Toss blueberries with a bit of flour. Scoop blueberries out hand and gently fold into batter.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, then rotate in oven. Return to the oven for another 20 minutes, until cake is golden brown but still uncooked. Cover loosely with foil and continue to cook for another 10 minutes or until risen and cooked, and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside in its pan to cool for 10 minutes before removing cake from pan and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
©2020 Made By Mignonne.